Betty + Lola Recipe Series: The Spicy Margarita
Well, it looks like this lock down is going to go on just a little longer; so there's no better time to become the kings and queens of Taco Tuesdays. We're here to help! Rustle up a couple of these Spicy Margaritas to get the party started! You'll need...
- 3 tablespoons silver tequila
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, fresh
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno simple syrup (or more to taste)
- Dried limes to garnish
Ingredients For Spicy Syrup
- 1 large jalapeno, seeds removed and halved
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
MAKING THE CHILLI SYRUP
- Place the water and sugar and in a small saucepan and bring to a low boil. Give it a stir to help dissolve the sugar. Once all the sugar is dissolved add the jalapeno and simmer for 10 more minutes. Turn the heat off, and allow the jalapeno to steep for 10 to 30 minutes. The longer you steep the spicier the syrup will be. Taste and when you're happy with the flavor, allow to cool and then strain into a glass jar and put in the refrigerator to cool. If you need it immediately put some in the freezer and take it out once its cool. It can be kept refrigerated for 3-4 weeks.
MAKING THE MARGARITAS
- Rub a slice of lime around the rim of the margarita glass to moisten. Then turn it face down onto the plate with the chilli lime salt mixture to coat the rim.
- Place all the margarita ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well. Pour into glass with ice and the rim salted with our fabulous chilli salt. Add a few slices of dried lime for garnish. Enjoy!
| Posted on July 14 2021